Child Relocation Parental Move-Aways

albequerque-adoptionDo you need to move and retain custody of your child? Alternatively, has your former spouse notified you he or she intends to move and limit your visitation rights and you need to contest the child relocation? The family law attorneys at Carpenter & Associates can help.

The inherent complexity of child custody is magnified by issues of relocation. At the Albuquerque, New Mexico, law offices of Carpenter & Associates, we understand the intricacies of child custody agreements and work to quickly resolve issues that arise because of a parent’s desire to move.

If you need to modify a child custody agreement or fight your child’s relocation, contact the lawyers at the family law offices of Carpenter & Associates for a free initial consultation.

Josh Carpenter: An Experienced, Trained And Court-Appointed Mediator

Unfortunately, children are often caught in the middle following a divorce proceeding. Founding attorney Josh Carpenter also works as a court-appointed guardian ad litem, acting as an advocate for children. He understands the difficulties in negotiating the rights of both parents and children and works to mediate your child custody dispute.

Relocations And Move-Aways

Relocations are among the most difficult issues in the family law area for courts to decide. Determining whether allowing a child to move with one parent and cause greater difficulties for the other parent to maintain a positive relationship with the child is never easy. Whether you make the motion for relocation or are opposing the move, you want an attorney who understands both the procedural requirements and the family dynamics for your individual situation. Josh Carpenter knows how to develop the subtle elements of your case that provide the court with information it needs to make the decision.

Some of the ways in which our law firm can help include:

  • Making sure that the other parent is notified that you are looking to move
  • Weighing the advantages and disadvantages of relocating your child
  • Petitioning the court to approve the move
  • Working to draft a new parenting plan with the other parent

We also assist child support and spousal support modifications. If you are looking to pay less child support due to a change in financial circumstances, we work with you to modify your parenting plan.

Contact Us

If you have questions about relocations, contact us for answers and experienced legal help. We provide free initial consultations, accept credit cards, charge competitive rates, speak Spanish and are conveniently located next to the courthouse in downtown Albuquerque in the Bank of the West building at 500 Marquette.